A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites or applications. Cookies enable storing and retrieving information about the user's or its computer browsing habits, and, depending on the information they contain and on the way your computer is used, they may be used to recognize the user. Below, find a cookie classification based on a series of categories. Nevertheless, you should bear in mind that one same cookie may be included in more than one category.
1. Types of cookies depending on the entity managing them. Depending on the entity who manages the server or the domain from where the cookies are sent and which manages the data obtained, the following may be distinguished:
- First party cookies: Those sent to the user's computer from a server or domain managed by the editor itself, and from which the service required by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Those sent to the user's computer from a server or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that manages the data obtained through the cookies. If the cookies are installed from a server or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information gathered through these is managed by a third party, these may not be considered first party cookies.
2. Types of cookies depending on the time they remain active on the computer; the following may be found:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information which is only meant to be kept to render the service required by the user on only one occasion (e.g.: a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data remains stored in the terminal and may be accessed and managed during a definite period by the person responsible for the cookie, and which may vary from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies depending on their aim, for which the data obtained is managed through the cookies; the following may be found:
- Technical cookies: Those that enable the user to navigate a web page, platform or application, and use the different options or services that there exist, for example, control the traffic and data communication; identify a session; access restricted access areas; remember the elements that are part of an order; carry out an order purchase process; require the subscription to, or participation in, an event; use security elements during the navigation; store contents to disseminate videos or sound; or share contents through social networks.
- Customization cookies: Those that enable the user to access the service with some generally pre-defined characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's computer, for example, the language, type of browser the user uses, the regional configuration from which the user may access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: Those that enable the cookies owner to track and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites where the cookies are linked to. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to elaborate the navigation profile of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, so as to introduce improvements based on the users’ data use analysis.
- Advertising cookies: Those that enable the management, in the most efficient possible way, of the advertising space that, where applicable, the editor has included in the website, application or platform from where the service required is rendered, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: Those that enable the management, in the most efficient possible way, of the advertising space that, where applicable, the editor has included in the website, application or platform from where the service required is rendered. These cookies store the users' behavioral data obtained by means of the continuous observation of their navigation habits, which enables the development of a specific profile in order to show advertisements based on it.
To use some of the services or access certain contents, you should first provide certain personal data, which will only be used in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of the Argentine Republic (Public Law 25,326), and for the purpose for which it was collected.
The type of possible data that you will be asked for includes, without limitation to, your name, email address, date of birth, gender, occupation, country and city of origin and personal interests. Not all the information requested at the time of participating in the site is to be provided, but only that which we consider convenient and you will be informed about it.
The personal data requested is exclusively collected if you provide it. We will keep control of, and assume responsibility for the use of any personal data that you provide us with, and we will only use it to contact you, either personally or through whom OPINAIA designates, with advertising purposes via the web.
As a general principle, this site does not share or disclose the information obtained, except when you authorize us to do so, or in the following instances: